26 Oct BDL to coordinate a cooperative promotion for Small Business Saturday on November 26, 2016
Small Business Saturday debuted in 2010 in partnership with American Express and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Its intention is to recognize the importance of shopping in locally owned businesses during the holiday season (and year-round). More information, and fantastic resources, are available at their website.
BDL proposes the following:
Small Business Saturday Raffle: Saturday, November 26:
The raffle is intended to draw people downtown. Community members who spend $25 or more at each participating merchant are entered into a BDL drawing to win a $100 gift certificate from one of the merchants who participated in the event. Community members may enter one raffle ticket per $25 spent.
BDL will provide the raffle tickets, which will ask for the community member’s contact information. BDL will collect the tickets from participating merchants and coordinate the drawing on Monday, November 28. BDL will also compile the contact information of participating community members and share it with participating merchants.
Merchant Registration:- WE NEED A MINIMUM OF 20 MERCHANTS TO PARTICIPATE
Merchants who want to participate must contact BDL Executive Director Courtney Kramer and pay their participant fees no than 5pm on October 28, 2016. Participant fees are:
- BDL Members: $175 + $100 gift card to their businesses
- Non-BDL Members: $200 + $100 gift card to their business
Media Promotion of the Program:
BDL will coordinate the media for this event. Media will include:
- Newspaper ads
- Sticker on the front page of the Tribune the week of the promotion
- Radio ads & on-air radio interviews with each participating merchant. Live remote broadcasts by the radio stations during Small Business Saturday
- Television ads
- Sponsored social media posts
- Stickers provided to participating merchants to be placed on outgoing items (food and beverage cups, purchase bags)
- A billboard (this is possible only if more than 24 merchants participate in the program)
Participating Merchants Will Also Receive:
“Shop Small” reusable bags to hand out to their customers during the Small Business Saturday event, as well as other materials provided by American Express, including “Shop Small” door mats, stickers, lanyards, etc.